When whatsapp is launched, everybody is talking about it and suddenly it became so popular and famous to an extend that in some companies, they use it to create a group chat to discuss things about work. At that time, whatsapp’s tagline was “SMS is so last century”, I agree with it but not now.
Today, I would say whatsapp is so yesterday and these are the reasons why:
1. There are only a few notification tones for users to choose.
2. Cannot set different tones for different sender.
3. Cannot “pre-download” messages.
4. No PC apps.
So my suggestion is to as below:
1. Let user upload and choose custom notification tones.
2. iOS already enable user to set custom notification tone for different sender.
3. iMessage already pre-downloading message.
4. LINE and facebook messenger apps already have a desktop version. It will be easier for users to chat via a normal computer keyboard than squeezing our fingers on the small touch screen. Just more convenient.
5. Some telcos support multi-sim ONE line, so you should allow us to have one number registered on 2 whatsapp on different devices.